The skinny....

Two years ago, my husband and I tried to conceive Baby Ridlen.  In the past few years, I had the lovely opportunity to undergo: multiple trips to ER, hormones raging, Clomid, IUI, crazy ovarian cysts, endometriosis, a million shots, a lost ovary, a failed IVF cycle, and sadly the list goes on.

I wish I could give you a happy ending today saying that Baby Ridlen was conceived after all this. Well, that is not how the cookie crumbled.   

On top of all this, it seemed all my friends have been able to to conceive over the past two years. I always joke that if you hang out with me...you will get pregnant.  More than likely you will get prego just by reading this blog (seriously...you never know).

This journey has been totally eye opening. I have never felt so not in control, uninformed, frustrated, sad, neurotic, fearful, depressed and crazy before in my life. What if I will never be a mom? Should I give up? After I found out my IVF cycle was not successful, I went into a deep depressive state and shut everyone out (more on this later).  

Here is the good news:  My amazing husband, family, and friends prayed me out of my funk. God restored my hope. I am excited about what God has in store for me. This, my sweet friends, is the lesson I have truly learned and believe. Jeremiah 29:11.

Jeremiah 29:11
New Living Translation (NLT)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.

The purpose of this blog is to share my story of fertility. Maybe it will help you on your journey, or maybe you just get a laugh about how ignorant I was about this whole process.  Please feel free to share to your friends or post your experiences.  This is a great way to understand your spouse, family member, or friend who may be going through this struggle.

Please note: I am obviously not an expert. If you have serious questions, talk to a professional. Every one's experience is unique.

Peace out,
Nancy

Comments

  1. Love you Nan. <3. -Molly (not the cat)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nancy,
    It was great seeing you and Jeff on Saturday!
    Welcome to the blogging world! Sounds like you have some important things to share. I know people will be blessed by your openness.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Not right now...

Clomid Rage...it is Real!!!

I am back!